I have decided that I’m going to start doing regular ‘Music Monday‘ posts from now on, here is what I have for you this week:
Fuck You – Cee-Lo Green, as well as the 50 Cent freestyle:
Islands – The XX
Play A Train Song – Todd Snider
I’m listening to ‘Fuck You’ by Cee-Lo Green at the moment. It’s such a catchy, up-beat song (I’ve probably played it five, six times in a row?). It’s really making me want to get up, dance around the house while singing at the top of my lungs (badly, as I can’t hold a tune to save myself), my body however has other ideas… it would much prefer I go back to bed and sleep…
I had my doctor’s appointment this afternoon, it turns out that the ‘slight‘ fever I had was 37.5 degrees celsius (99.5 fahrenheit), and not only do I have the #madbadflu, I also have a throat infection – which I have been given some penicillin for.
And while it sucks being sick: My throat hurts like a bitch, I am bored out of my mind, I will be missing my nephew’s first birthday because I don’t want to risk him getting sick again (I feel like such a bad aunty, but the last time he had the flu it was pretty bad: they though he had pneumonia and he was rushed to hospital); and I could quite possibly kill Phillip if we are forced to spend any more time together – there have been some slices of awesome:
- Being able to sleep - I usually have a hard time getting to sleep, and when I finally fall asleep I’m not really asleep. I’m usually half asleep/awake-ish, and I keep moving around, talking and waking up throughout the night. Being sick has meant that ALL I want to do/can do is sleep which has been brilliant!
- Online TV/movies – As I said in my Things I Love Thursday post I have almost watched all of season 5 of Ghost Whisperer (I think I have about four shows left), and have caught up on some Family Guy episodes. I have also rented some movies from the iTunes store… God I love vege-ing out.
- My mum -She’s awesome! She picked me up from the doctor’s office and drove me home (home is less than a 5 minutes walk away), and gave me some soup for dinner which she had made for Phillip and I as we were supposed to be going around to her house for dinner tonight. So lovely and wonderful to have people make you dinner when you’re sick! The only downside to seeing her was that she didn’t want to come anywhere near me/touch me because she was shit scared she would get the flu.
- New reading materials - Even though I haven’t seen the movie I just bought volume 1 of the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels and I am really excited to start reading it.
Aside from the downsides/upsides of being sick, I have also found out there are quite a lot of things that I need to remember when I’m sick:
- Just because I don’t feel hot doesn’t mean I’m not running a fever/temperature.
- Keeping up my fluid intake is VERY important (my lips are chapped and it’s gross).
- Make sure you get the rest you need (I wanted to go to work yesterday/today because I have felt bad taking time off (I now have a throat infection, going to work today probably wouldn’t have been the best idea!).
- And most importantly, if you’re home sick with your partner please try your best not to annoy the shit out of each other!!
Yay! It’s Thing I Love Thursday time! Although I am a bit gutted I haven’t been able to post much the last couple of days, even though I have had quite a few blog posts up my sleeve that I have really wanted to write. It’s just that the last couple of days (as with a lot of people I follow on twitter) I have been in bed with the #madbadflu.
This means as much as I have wanted to I haven’t had the energy to sit down and write – I won’t say time, because I have had PLENTY of that, it has just been spend doing things that don’t require much thinking: watching onlline tv, reading blogs, playing flash games (cringe, I know); and sleeping.
Anyway, enough babbling… Here are the things that have helped make my week a bit more bearable:
- (Finally) figuring out what I want my next tattoo to be – and then realising that a friend of mine has the same design in mind. Not sure when I’ll get it as I don’t really have much money until I get my teeth pulled in October, so I’m guessing it will probably be at the end of the year during my break.
- Catching up with friend I haven’t seen in ages – I can’t believe I hadn’t seen L all year, even though she lives in same city! That’s pretty lame right? Hopefully we’ll be seeing more of each other and will be going on a road-trip sometime this year.
- Online TV – I have pretty much watched all of season 5 of Ghost Whisperer while I’ve been home sick, as well as catching up on some Family Guy episodes. I love how I can just turn my mind off and drift away…
- Little Things: Twisties (my go to junk food, which are (thankfully) gluten-free), Teenage Dream – Katy Perry (swingified), honey/lemon/ginger for the throat, my wonderful boyf ringing to see if he could get my money back after an online order failed by my card still got charged, this post on creating the life you want from some of the world’s best bloggers, finding new blogs to add to my ‘must read’ blog list while I’ve been home, finding out my nephew (who will be one this weekend) looks at an old photo of me, starts laughing and then says ‘aunty!’ while pointing at me (SO cute! ), drinks with dad, his gf and my boyf on a Friday night, baby wipes (OMG they feel so refreshing!), Strepsils, Panadol; and getting so much sleep (that has definitely been the upside to being sick).
Anyway, that’s all from me this week, although hopefully I’ll be well enough to post a proper post over the weekend. About to take a mini-nap before my doctor’s appointment this afternoon (I’m hoping for some more gees linctus *fingerscrossed*).
Yay! It’s Thursday, which means I get to post the things that have made me squee over the past week (well, the past two weeks as I was away last week and didn’t have any internet access). Anyway, here we go:
- The long weekend – my boyfriend and I were house sitting for his parents last weekend, we drove up on the Thursday and came back the following Monday. Even though I am allergic to fur, am shit scared of horses and hate early mornings (the dogs, cats, chickens; and horses all needed to be fed) the break was just what I needed.
- Facing my fears – as mentioned above I am shit scared of horses (hell, they tried to get me to ride a Shetland Pony when I was about 13 and I screamed), but I decided to bite the bullet and help Phillip feed them while we were away. I’m so glad I didn’t get kicked in the face!!
- Harry, Bonnie; and Kissy – They’re Phillip’s parents’ cat and dogs. Even though I’m allergic to fur I want to steal them all! They’re all just so fucking cute (and a tad mad).
- EXCITEMENT – I have finally figured out what it is I want to do with my life (I’m not going to share it here just yet). I’m incredibly excited (as well as incredibly nervous… I’m pretty much shitting myself – but that’s a sure-fire sign that I’m on the right path, right?). All I’m going to say is that AMAZING things are going to be happening within the next year, so watch this space…
- Little Things - long skype conversations with my bff, my moleskine 12 month planner for 2011 (after a long wait it finally arrived! I can’t wait to use it, can it hurry up and be next year please?!), my boyf’s chocolate custard, big bear hugs from Tobes, jazz apples (ZOMG, NOM!), having money in my savings account (even if it is for the wisdom teeth extraction in October, it’s great knowing that if I put my mind to it I CAN save), PYT – remix featuring Will.I.Am, dried fruit (especially raspberries), the literal eclipse trailer (so fucking funny), sleeping in a dark/quiet room while we were away; and Kikki.K (I can’t wait till we get my office space sorted, I definitely going back there to get some office stationery).
Via: Rock And Roll Bride
It’s Curious Tuesday time, although because I am in New Zealand (the future) it’s (technically) Curious Wednesday. Anyway, today it’s all about marriage…
- How do you feel about marriage as a concept? realistic? Romantic? A Pipe Dream?
Neither, for me the view that marriage is romantic isn’t at all realistic – it’s fucking hard work! I also don’t see it as a ‘concept’ as such, because it isn’t (to me at least) abstract. It’s a contract, it exists and it’s going to take a lot of effort and time to make it work.
- Do you think that you’ll ever get married?
Haha, I’m engaged,so yes, I do see myself getting married. Although, even if I wasn’t engaged I could still see myself getting married and settling down – apparently I’m a bit old-fashioned (I was pretty much raised by my grandparents, so I think that’s a bit of a give-in right?)…
- If you do get married, would you want a big blow-out celebration or would you keep it low-key?
Low key ftw! I’m Maori/Samoan, so if I were to have a big blow-out, it would be A BIG BLOW-OUT, with at least two hundred guests in attendance. Personally, I think having that many guests is a bit over the top, and becomes more about the wedding and less about the people getting married. Ideally, I would like to have a registry office wedding, then have dinner and drinks with a few of my nearest and dearest.
- If you are married now, how has that changed your relationship?
- If you’re married, how did you celebrate it? Knowing what you do now, would you have done it differently?