Via: Music Philosophy
While at looking at books at a secondhand store last week my eyes came across a book called The Complete Life’s Instruction Book, which as the title suggests is a book full of little instructions on how to live your life. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to buy it. I just love books like this, and thought that it would be a good laugh.
I haven’t read much of the book yet, but there have been a few that have stuck out, as they’ve either made me go “what the hell?!”, or have really spoken to me and are mantras that I plan on living my life by.
What the hell:
- Never Use Profanity (why the fuck not?!).
- Learn three clean jokes (surely you’ve learnt three by the time you’re 10? They may be terrible, but they’re still clean).
- Whistle (I would probably do this if I could, but I can’t – and it’s not for lack of trying).
- Never get a tattoo (too late, and I plan on getting more).
- Drink champagne for no reason at all (being alive and/or with great company is reason enough for me).
- Take lots of snapshots.
- If in a fight, hit first and hit hard.
- Make the best of bad situations.
- Lend only the books you don’t care to see again (this shouldn’t be limited to books).
- Think big things, but relish is small pleasures.
- Take time to smell the roses.
- Never give up on what you really want to do.
- Be suspicious of all politicians.
- Give people a second chance, but not a third.
- Lie on your back and watch the stars.
- Evaluate yourself by your own standard, not someone else’s
- Learn the rules. Then break some.
- Life is short. Eat more pancakes and less rice wafers.
- Live your life so that your epitaph could read “no regrets”.
Anyway, hope you’re having a great weekend xx