I am really failing at this drawing for 30 days thing, not because I’ve given up, but because being sick and feeling meh really don’t go well together.
Anyway, today I got bored. Like REALLY bored (it seems that there is such a thing as sleeping too much, watching too many DVDs and youtube videos), and decided that I should probably draw something… I did, and soon found that drawing while sick is no picnic – my hands were shaking like there was no tomorrow (what the hell is that?!)
Daniel, a guy I work with said that he’d pay $50 for a picture I draw of a cat (bless his heart), so I decided I should draw him one…
Also, I LOVE CameraBag, it turns photos of me looking sick, terrible and eating fruit into works of art:
Sorry for the croakiness of my voice, I have the flu and have lost my voice a bit. It’s also why I haven’t done any drawing in the last couple of days, hopefully I’ll get back into it soon.
Also, if you would like to do the 20 questions tag, the questions are below. Either leave me a comment with your video link so I can check it out, or if you have a youtube account leave your video as a video response
Were you named after anyone?
When was the last time you cried?
How old are you?
Do you have any siblings?
Do you have kids?
If you were another person would you be friends with you?
Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Do you still have your tonsils?
Would you bungee jump?
What is your favourite cereal?
Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Do you think you are strong?
What is your favourite ice cream?
What is the least favourite thing about yourself?
What is the fartherest you have been from home?
What colour is your house?
What colour is your car?
What would you name yourself if you could pick your name?
I didn’t post yesterday, not because I didn’t want to, but because as soon as I got home I went to bed, woke up once for dinner and then went to bed again. Apparently I have a very stealth, stubborn virus, it likes me thinking I’m all better and then comes back to bite me in the ass again. I am so OVER being sick…
Anyway, because I didn’t post yesterday I decided to make up for it by posting two days in one post – hence the title: double trouble…
Day 10: songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad:
- Happy: When I’m happy I’m pretty content with the music I have, and tend to put iTunes on shuffle and leave it playing, without skipping songs. Right now I’m listening to The Greatest Dancer by Sister Sledge.
- Sad: When I’m sad, I alternate between songs that will cheer me up and songs I know will make me feel worse (God, I can be self-defeating at times!). Examples of this are: Just Fine by Mary J. Blige and High and Dry by Radiohead.
- Bored: You know when you’re bored and you *think* that there’s nothing to do? Yeah, well, I’m the same with music. When I’m bored I feel as if I have nothing to listen to and skip through songs until I find something that *fits*.
- Hyped: When I’m hyped I tend to go for cheesy pop music: Tik Tok (The Kids of 88 remix) by Ke$ha, Gangsta Luv by Snoop Dogg, Memories by David Guetta; and Beyonce is always good.
- Mad: Anything that makes me feel as if I’m going to break something or someone. Rage Against The Machine is generally good for that.
Day 11: Post another photo of you with your friends:
Me, Carol and Lorna
Carol’s Mum, Tash, Carol, Me; and Kaila
Me and Markus
Victor, Cat, Amanda, Hok, Me, Sups, Phillip, (?)
I had my doctor’s appointment this afternoon, it turns out that the ‘slight‘ fever I had was 37.5 degrees celsius (99.5 fahrenheit), and not only do I have the #madbadflu, I also have a throat infection – which I have been given some penicillin for.
And while it sucks being sick: My throat hurts like a bitch, I am bored out of my mind, I will be missing my nephew’s first birthday because I don’t want to risk him getting sick again (I feel like such a bad aunty, but the last time he had the flu it was pretty bad: they though he had pneumonia and he was rushed to hospital); and I could quite possibly kill Phillip if we are forced to spend any more time together – there have been some slices of awesome:
- Being able to sleep - I usually have a hard time getting to sleep, and when I finally fall asleep I’m not really asleep. I’m usually half asleep/awake-ish, and I keep moving around, talking and waking up throughout the night. Being sick has meant that ALL I want to do/can do is sleep which has been brilliant!
- Online TV/movies – As I said in my Things I Love Thursday post I have almost watched all of season 5 of Ghost Whisperer (I think I have about four shows left), and have caught up on some Family Guy episodes. I have also rented some movies from the iTunes store… God I love vege-ing out.
- My mum -She’s awesome! She picked me up from the doctor’s office and drove me home (home is less than a 5 minutes walk away), and gave me some soup for dinner which she had made for Phillip and I as we were supposed to be going around to her house for dinner tonight. So lovely and wonderful to have people make you dinner when you’re sick! The only downside to seeing her was that she didn’t want to come anywhere near me/touch me because she was shit scared she would get the flu.
- New reading materials - Even though I haven’t seen the movie I just bought volume 1 of the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels and I am really excited to start reading it.
Aside from the downsides/upsides of being sick, I have also found out there are quite a lot of things that I need to remember when I’m sick:
- Just because I don’t feel hot doesn’t mean I’m not running a fever/temperature.
- Keeping up my fluid intake is VERY important (my lips are chapped and it’s gross).
- Make sure you get the rest you need (I wanted to go to work yesterday/today because I have felt bad taking time off (I now have a throat infection, going to work today probably wouldn’t have been the best idea!).
- And most importantly, if you’re home sick with your partner please try your best not to annoy the shit out of each other!!