It’s no secret that I have struggled with self confidence and self love for a while. I just have this underlying feeling that I’m not good enough, which is bullshit, because I’m more than enough. As away to remind myself of how worthy I am, I thought I would share some practical ways I’m going to be using to remind myself of just how worthy I am.
Ways I can start loving myself right now
- Start the day off with positive self affirmations – This is a case of ‘fake it till yo make you it’, and even if I don’t believe the stuff at the beginning of the month hopefully I’ll believe it at the end! If need be print some out or write them on post-it notes and stick them all over the bathroom mirror, so I will have to look at them on a daily basis. At the very least, put them in my wallet or on my monitor at work.
- Write a list of at least 20 things that I love about myself – pull it out and read it when I’m having a ‘I’m not good enough and no one loves me’ type of day.
- Learn how to take a compliment and write down (and keep) the compliments I receive – God, I am such a bad compliment taker, most of the time someone says something nice I want to laugh because I don’t believe it. I also tend to forget the times people tell me how amazing, intelligent and beautiful I am because my sense of self-doubt is (a lot) stronger than my sense of self-love.
- Know that I am good enough ALL THE TIME – if I don’t believe it read the poem @Liletina wrote me.
- Listen to this song – ‘I’m not your average girl from your video, and I ain’t built like a supermodel, but I learned to love myself unconditionally because I am a queen’
- Make a radical self-love bible and answer these questions – God knows I’m a sucker for a good workbook, and I’ll post the answers to the questions in about a week, so excited!
The key is that we believe that we are lovable and capable no matter what and we have an acceptance of who we truly are, defined by us, not by others.