Seeing as we’re just over halfway through the year already (seriously, where has this year gone?!), I thought it would be a good idea to look back at the list of goals I posted at the beginning of the year, and give you an update on the progress (or lack thereof, as I’m pretty sure a few of the goals I had were only there so I could have at least 10 things to post).
- Do a photo a day challenge for a year – I was pretty excited about this, and fully intended on taking a photo a day for a year… Excitement however, is no match for meh-I-can’t-be-bothered-ness; I missed a few days, and then completely gave up. The photo of the pizza was taken while I was still rather excited about ‘Project 366‘ and if you were wondering; yes, I ate the entire thing.
- Become more oraganised/tidy – This is one of those goals that gets carried over EVERY year because it NEVER happens.
- Get healthy and lose weight – this lasted maybe about three or four months? I did what I do every year: get really health conscious during the summer, and then eat comfort food in the winter.
- WRITE MORE – I’ve been doing quite a bit of that lately, so far, that’s one thing down!
- Spend/less save more: Yup! I managed to save just over $12k in three weeks and then bought a new phone, as my old one crapped out (being repeatedly dropped does that to a phone, apparently). I’ve also stopped buying random crap I like, but ultimately don’t need.
- Make stuff/take up a craft or hobby – I started knitting again; shortly after taking the above photo though,I lost quite a few stitches and then gave up; basically, I have no patience, and get shitty when things go wrong
- Cook/bake more – See those cupcakes? I made them, and they were delicious!
- Apply for a passport – I have the forms, somewhere, I just need to get my ass into gear and fill out a police report to attach to the application (I lost my previous one).
- Travel/take more holidays – This year, I’ve taken two ‘holidays*‘, and have visited my sister in Otaki.
- Get a new job – Yes! I temped for six weeks at a call-centre, eye-opening to say the least. Also, really miss my lushies, they were like family.
Verdict: That’s 6.5/10 and we’re just over halfway through the year, is far better progress than I was hoping for, so there’s hope for me yet! Although, it’s safe to say that project 366 isn’t happening.
*holidays – time off work, the above photo was taken while I was in Carterton for a friend’s birthday weekend.