I haven’t posted here in the LONGEST time (total regular updates FAIL). I figure that a good place to start is the ‘year in review’ post that appears on blogs this time each year (Here’s my 2011 post)
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Went to a hens night, and started going to a pub quiz, they were both fun.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions as such, but I do make lose goals – things that I would like to see happen. Not giving them the tag of resolution means I’m not as hard on myself if I don’t complete them. I completed about half of the goals I had set for the year, a few of them were just there so my list had 10 things and I didn’t really care too much about those. I’ll most probably write a 2013 list.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Travel (even if it is just a road-trip), tattoos, a job, art and money
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are a couple: The 2nd of November, it was when Liletina left for the UK and The 5th of November, we took Whiona and Tumoana to see the fireworks display on the waterfront. It was awesome seeing his reaction to the display and to the photos I showed him afterwards.
8. What was your biggest achieAcvement of the year?
Sadly, I can’t think of any this year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The joblessness during the second half of the year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, just a year long cold and constant ear infections (I’m over it).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I saved up and bought an iPhone 4S. Definitely better than the old, falling apart 3Gs I was using before that.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Same person as last year – my mama. She presented her Master’s theses at a conference in Brisbane and was offered a scholarship to ANU off the back of it. SO FUCKING PROUD is an understatement.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’m not going to name names.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food and my phone.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sadly. it was most probably the return of Doctor Who, although that excitement turned to tears during the mid series finale. There had better not be any hit-me-in-the-baby-maker moments in the second half of series 7! shakes fist
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
According to my last.fm profile, the song I played most this year was: The Walk by Mayer Hawthorne (I think I mainly listened to the song for this line: ‘but your shitting fucking attitude has got me changing my mind’).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Not sure
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? definitely poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercised and gone for walks around Wellington.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Less self loathing. Biggest trap I fall into, but it’s just so easy.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas at my boyfriend’s parents place, dying in the 32degree heat that was Featherston.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The regulars: New Girl, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Russell Howard’s Good News, Never Mind The Buzzcocks and The New Normal. I also started re-watching Lie To Me and Californiacation
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I’ve said it before, hate is a waste of space. There have been some people that have completely pissed me off, but I don’t hate them.
26. What was the best book you read?
Sadly, I think the only books I read were the fifty shades of books, they were utter shit. Anyone got any recommendations for some good 2013 reads, holla.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mayer Hawthorne, he’s amazing.
28. What did you want and get?
A new phone after breaking my 3Gs
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Pitch Perfect (I think it was the only film I saw this year, loved it though)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a birthday week (and a bit), and I spent it eating great food and hanging out with even better people – it was awesome. I turned 28
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More work/more money. Money doesn’t buy happiness, but it sure does buy a lot of useless crap that keeps me contented.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Same as it’s been for the past couple of years: Clothes that fit and are flattering to my body type – so basically a whole lot of dresses and skirts.
34. What kept you sane?
Baking, music, New Girl and Doctor Who Sundays
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I didn’t have any celebrity crushes this year, but I had a whole lot of crushes on fictional characters. Amy Pond was the biggest.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Marriage Amendment Bill stands out the most.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Lynn, Jamie, Shelli, Charles and Stefan (fellow quizzers).
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
It takes a lot of courage to stand up for yourself, recognise your limits/triggers and defend what is true and right for you even if that means certain doors closing. I’m going to leave this here, because it’s true for me too. It’s also a life lesson that I seem to need to keep learning/being reminded of.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Please don’t say we’re done
When I’m not finished
I could give so much more
Make you feel like never before
Welcome, they said welcome to the floor