I have failed so miserably at this whole “I’m going to post regularly thing”. I always promise that right now!! (exclamations needed) will be the time I start doing it, but I never get around to it. Regular blogging has always been something I want to do, but fuck promises, all I can really do is try my best.
A good way to start getting back into regular-ish posts, I’ve decided, is to do a mid-year recap letting you know where I’m at, and how I’ve gotten on with the goals I set myself at the beginning of the year (I know, I know – I’m two months late).
- Find a permanent job – Yes! I’m still working at the same place, but ended up getting a permanent role in February (and to think that a year and a half ago, I was scared I wasn’t going to find another job).
- Get out of Wellington more – Yes, we went away for my birthday earlier in the year spent two weeks in Canada last month. We also got a car, so it’s meant we can go out to my dad’s and Phillip’s parent’s place a bit more.
- Save for Canada – Done, we still have a bit left on our travelex card, which will come in handy when we’re there next.
- Get another new passport – Done.
- Lose at least 10kg by the end of the year – I haven’t weighed myself in God knows how long, and although I have my “OH MY GOD, I’M A FUCKING WHALE” moments, I think I feel better about myself/weight in general.
- Write/blog more often/on a regular basis – I think this has been a goal of mine for the past two years…
- Read more – This is another goal I’ve had for the past two years… I’ve bought myself a kindle and have downloaded a few eBooks, so we’ll see how that goes.
- Be less negative – I’m trying. I was a hell of a lot less negative when we were in Canada, but now that we’re back I find myself slipping into the meh-with-everything and everyone-makes-me-ragey attitude, it’s getting old.
4/8 50%! That’s not too bad at all, let’s see how much more of the list I can chomp through by the end of the year, shall we?