Maaaaan, I haven’t written one of these posts in, like 18 months?! I always find that writing things I’m grateful for, or that have made me happy (in any kind of way), makes me feel better when I’m feeling shitty, but I just never get around to doing it.
I have always wanted to make this a regular feature, so will try to post once a week. Here’s what’s made me smile recently.
- Brunch with my husband (I had forgotten how much I love good coffee while we were in Canada, which might have something to do with my new found love of Starbucks Ice Tea Lemonades).
- My Karen Walker bow ring. I bought it when I was having a bit of a crap d, I wear it daily and look at it whenever I’m feeling a bit stressed, or overwhelmed, to remind myself that it’s going to be fine.
- GRUMPY CAT. Best journal EVER.
- Our ‘feelings are oh so gross’ Q&A book. Reading Phillip’s not so serious responses to questions like ‘Today was awesome because”, when I’m in a “because I’m alive?” type mood makes me smile.
- Choco chilli tea from T Leaf T. I’ve been to the café near work so much recently, that a few of the girls that have remembered my name, and the tea that I order… Sorry, not sorry though, because this stuff is AMAZING.
- Planning another Toronto trip. It may be a while away, but I’m already planning on checking out places we didn’t see while we were there (Honest Ed’s) as well as getting excited about hitting up Bunner’s Bakery on a regular basis (those cinnamon buns?! OH MY GOD YES).
- Friends who cook me dinner and talk about travel and random crap with me. I am so blessed to have an amazing bunch of friends in my life.
That’s it for this week, I’ll see you next week with another list of awesomeness.