I’m posting a recipe this week instead of making a Music Monday post, because as I’ve said previously, I haven’t been listening to much music lately (which is weird for me, because I’m that girl who used to spend all her time in her room listening to the radio).
The recipe I’m sharing is one for a ‘chocolate chip cookie dough’ smoothie that I found via NZ Girl. This smoothie is gluten free and can be made vegan, dairy free (honey as a sweetener) or with dairy (I’m lactose intolerant so made mine vegan, as I’m trying to cut down on the amount of dairy I consume).
It doesn’t really taste like cookie dough, or not what I remember cookie dough tasting like before I stopped eating gluten and it started tasting really beany (seriously gluten free cake batter/cookie dough is not the one!). It is delicious though, and I made some this evening after dinner as a dessert.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large banana, chopped (I just break the banana up into chunks and chuck it in the blender)
- 3 dates, pitted and diced
- 2 heaped dessert spoons of cocoa nibs
- 1 heaped dessert spoon of chia seeds
- 4 Tbs coconut yoghurt (you could use greek yoghurt if you want)
- 2 tsp agave (could be substituted for maple syrup or honey)
Throw everything in the blender and mix until smooth.
If you end up making this, let me know what you think!