Happy Wednesday! I hope you’re all having a great week; I’m feeling a hell of lot better than I was on Sunday. Everything has worked itself out and there are two days of work left (short weeks are both a blessing and a curse, safe to say that I’m glad this one is almost over though, or today at least).
Anyway, it’s that time of the week again, where I share the things that I’m grateful for/happy about/have gone right in my week
- The gluten-free lamingtons I had at The Goodness of Good in Carterton (I don’t even like lamingtons, but I demolished this).
- The gluten-free orange & rosewater cake from Catherine’s Kitchen in Greytown.
- Lavender lemonade (it was weird, but good and I’ll share the recipe with you all, I promise).
- Halloween candy! I live in the wrong hemisphere for Halloween (we’re in the middle of spring), but I don’t care. I’m going to eat candy corn, pumpkin pie and light autumn scented candles because I can (and because I’d do this in the middle of summer, because why not?)
- These two waiting patiently for their evening walk.
- Evening walks through the olive grove the neighbour’s own while we were house sitting.
Getting out of a city for a few days, our trip to Auckland is now just over a week away, planning a possible trip to Rotorua for my birthday weekend (it’s in Feb, but I may as well start planning now, right?), when things work themselves out, a decent night’s sleep, cuddles when I’m feeling worried/stressed/anxious, Doctor Who + cheese crackers and Friday nights in (I’m lactose intolerant, so I know this isn’t a good idea, but meh), catching up with mum and the You+Me album.