HAPPY Friday everyone! I’m so glad that it’s the end of the working week; I’ve had one of ihose weeks, and I’m so glad I get a couple of days off work and (hopefully) a sleep in tomorrow. I’m not sure what it is, but I always seem to wake up ridiculously early during the weekend, like, way earlier than I do during the week. Does that happen to anyone else?
Anyway, I’ve been thinking of starting ‘Friday Faves’ up as a regular feature on my blog for a while, and figured that since I had committed myself to daily blogging that now was the best time to start. So here are five things that I have been loving the week.
1. Little Bird – The Unbakery – our friends took us to the unbakery for breakfast on our last day in Auckland, and my holy shit it was amazing (I had the strawberry nut milk and the smoked “lox” bagel, which for not-salmon tasted weirdly like salmon); I would move to Auckland just so we could eat there every day (not even joking). Also, everything is gluten, dairy, sugar and soy free so it means we can both eat everything on the menu, but it also means it takes twice as long to order because we can’t decide.
2. ANU’s ‘Happy’ Video – mainly because my mum’s in it, but also because the video (and the song, because it’s so damn catchy) makes me happy. Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do (sorry, not sorry for getting that stuck in your head.
3. The Minion Movie Trailer – you won’t believe how many times I’ve watched this; I can’t wait until the movie comes out, June/July is too far away.
4. Tropical Fruit Home Decor – I have been coveting this watermelon doormat for the longest time, it’s almost Christmas, so maybe I should start dropping hints to the husband about what he should get me…
5. This ‘Cookie Butter’ Recipe – When I first heard about Trader Joe’s speculoos cookie butter I got major food envy, partly because we don’t have Trader Joe’s in New Zealand, but mainly because I can’t eat gluten; it never occurred to me that I could just try making me own. I am definitely going to be trying this over the Christmas break.
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend xx