I can’t believe it’s almost the end of the year already (there’s even less time until Christmas; only three whole days to go); I feel I say that every time I make a Monthly Summary post, or update you on how things are going, but it’s true. The older I get, the faster time flies.
Seeing as it’s almost the end of the year, I figured now would be a good time to go over the goals I set myself at the beginning of the year and see how I got on (I made a mid-year recap, which you can read here).
- Find a permanent job – I got a permanent job working with the company I was fixed term at mid last year. After 10 months of unemployment and being scared I was never going to find another job (good old jerk brain) I was so relieved when I landed my current role.
- Get out of Wellington more –We went to Canada in July and have been to Auckland twice this year.
- Save for Canada – I think I saved about 6k for the trip, I probably could have saved more if I had started earlier, but it’s all good – we still had some money left over on our travelex card when we got back.
- Get another new passport – After not having a passport for nine years I got two passports in less than a year (not because I lost it again; I needed to change my surname).
- Lose at least 10kg by the end of the year – I’d lost about 7kgs the last time I weighed myself (I can’t remember how long about that was).
- Write/blog more often/on a regular basis – Yes! I’ve been blogging regularly for about five months now, which is a huge accomplishment for me. I think this year, I’ve had more of an idea of what I want my blog to be about, and I haven’t given into the “I’m sad, so I’m going to mope in bed all day” and “people are going to judge my writing” feelings that have kept me from blogging regularly in the past.
- Read more – I haven’t read much this year, but I did read more this year than I did last year (not sure if I can tick this off, but I will anyway)
- Be less negative – I’ve been less negative since having surgery in January, apparently. I just asked Phillip about it, and he said that I’ve been a lot nicer.
Verdict: 8/8 – not bad at all! I think this is the first year I’ve completed all the goals I set myself.
What goals did you set yourself this year, and how are you coming along with them? xx