This year, one of my ‘bonus’ goals was to seek adventure/do more things that scare me, and so far, facing my fears seems to be what I have made this year about (which has been equally parts liberating and terrifying).
Over the past week and a bit, I have been thinking of things I would like to do/things I have done this year which would usually scare the crap out of me (and sometimes, still do). I have 7 things so far, but no doubt as the year goes by, I’ll think of more.
- Take myself out for a date: I blogged the awkwardness of hanging out alone in public a while ago, and to be honest, four years later, it’s still awkward as hell. This year, I want to push myself out of my comfort zone, and figure that taking myself on a date would be great (It doesn’t need to be anything fancy; lunch and coffee at a café during the weekend will do.
- Exploring a city alone: I’ll be in Auckland in April for a day with nothing to do, and instead of hiding away in our hotel room, I am making sure I get out and explore (I am beyond excited and nervous about this; I’m sure it will be fun). If you have any ideas of things I could do, please let me know – I’ll be CBD based
- Bare legs in my hometown: I found it easier to wear shorts while we were on vacation in Toronto last year than I do in my hometown and couldn’t figure out why. So this year, I wore shorts without leggings, and now I want bare legs ALL THE TIME.
- Start doing outfit posts: I wanted to take part in Aussie Curves post for a while, but had always felt uncomfortable doing an OOTD post (it means outfit of the day, mum). This year I figured, screw it and have started taking part. I’m still nervous as hell when I do an outfit post, but I’m sure that feeling with pass.
- Go to a #brunchclub brunch: I NEED to go to Brunch Club at least once this year, mainly to meet other Wellingtonian bloggers and partly to shut the voice instead head that tells me no one will going to like me/I’m too awkward/too weird up (jerkbrain sucks, right?!)
- Say YES! to more things: AKA say yes to things that I would usually say no to, but actually really want to do (I’m going to a Zomato event on Wednesday, and I can’t wait)
- Start a vlog: I’ve been wanting to do this for years, but have no idea what to say or how to act in front of a camera, does anyone when they start out though??!
What are some of the things that scare you, that you want to do in 2015? XX