I haven’t done a ‘weekly gratitude list’ post in a while (I know that’s a massive understatement), and I really want to get back into the practice of posting them regularly.
I feel that writing gratitude lists is a good habit back into, as they are a great way if keeping me focused on the things that matter/that make me happy. With that in mind, here are a few of the things I am currently grateful for:
- Today is over; today was one of those messy, everything is all over the place kinds of days and I’m glad to see the end of it (you know a day sucks when you feel like crying at work before midday; right now though, I’m sitting at my desk, while dinner is cooking, glad that it’s almost the weekend).
- My new iMac; I got a new shiny yesterday and I love it to bits.
- Doing something that sucks and is scary and having everything works out. God I hate being an adult sometimes.
- Friday night fish & chip dates With Phillip at the chippery; it’s something to look forward to during the week, and also a great way to start the weekend. The chippery in Thornton has been open for a while, so I don’t know why it took us this long to start doing this.
- Walking through the botanical gardens after dinner with the in-laws; I’m really glad we took the long way home, because it was such a lovely evening (I blogged about my Weekend in Wellington if you would like to see some of the photos I took).
- Family time; I caught up with one of my sister’s and out dad on Friday night for dinner, and then hung out with my brother SiL and nieces on Saturday.
- House sitting; we house-sat for the in-laws over labour weekend, and it was great to get out of town for a bit. I also got dog cuddles, and dog cuddles are so important.
So, that’s what I’m grateful for at the moment; what are you grateful for at the moment?