I’ve been feeling less than the best the past couple of days, some of the things I’m feeling crappy about I can change, and some I have no control over (which sucks). I spent a fair bit of time feeling sorry for myself and wallowing in self-pity, then decided it was time to stop focusing on the things that aren’t going right and to start focusing on the good (because there’s always good, even if I can’t/don’t want to see it).
With that out of the way, here’s what I’m currently grateful for:
- The fireworks display on Saturday night; it was definitely worth freezing my ass for.
- Fish and Chip Fridays with Phillip at the chippery; I mentioned this last week’s Weekly Gratitude List post, but that’s because it’s probably one of my favourite parts of the week (partially because food is involved). It’s something to look forward to during the week and it’s also a great way to unwind.
- Evening walks through the Botanical Gardens; this weekend while were walking through the gardens we went to Space Place at the Carter Observatory and it was pretty neat, I have no idea why we’d never before (I touched a bit of moon rock and got to try freeze-dried/astronaut ice cream).
- Hanging out with my sister and her partner playing Settlers of Catan; I’ve told them that when next play games we’ll have to play Cards Against Humanity (it’s so much fun, and I think my sister’s boyfriend will be really good at it).
- My new boots; I bought a pair of new shoes from Gubbs as my docs have holes in them, and what a world of difference properly fitted shoes make (they were also fairly cheap, and New Zealand made – stoked).
- Weekend missions to K-Mart; I need to go again this weekend, this time to get a coffee plunger and some fake succulents, because I need some greenery on my desk and I managed to kill a cactus by not watering it enough…
- Cuddles when I’m feeling down. As much as I hate to admit sometimes a hug a cry and a talk are just what I need.
- The sun; we’ve had some fairly sunny days recently and I’m hoping it will be a sign of things to come (decent summer this year, please Weather Gods?!).
I hope you’ve all had a good week, what have been the highlights for you so far? xx